- 3:1000 Partial Molar (PHM)
- 1-3:1000 Complete Molar (CHM)
- There is a slightly increased risk of molar pregnancy in the very young (<16 years 1.5 x higher incidence) and a significant increase with advanced maternal age (>45 20-50 x higher incidence).
- The risk of mole is increased by 1-2% following one molar pregnancy and by 15-20% after 2.
- The risk is not decreased by a change of partner.
Malignant (invasive mole/choriocarcinoma/placental site trophoblastic tumours)
- The frequency of choriocarcinoma or placental-site trophoblastic tumour is less well known, since these diseases can arise after any type of pregnancy. If suspected, this would require urgent assessment and discussion with Regional Centre.
Please refer to Charing Cross Hospital, Information for Clinicians – https://hmole-chorio.org.uk/info-for-clinicians/